Monday, January 28, 2008

Things that run through your head at 1am

"What is that beeping noise?"
"Why would the fire alarm battery go dead @ 1am?"
"Why does a fire alarm beep when it is dying? Isn't it 2008? Can't it email me or something?"
"I wonder if it will go away on it's own?"
"It's not going away. Why does this not wake up my husband?"
"How the heck am I going to reach the friggin alarm?"
"Why does it beep louder and more frequently when I try to disconnect the battery?"
"How in the world can Kyle sleep through this?"
"Is he really asleep? I'm sure he is pretending to be asleep so he doesn't have to deal with it."
"Please God, please oh please oh please don't let this wake Jackson up."
"I was sleeping so good. My bed was so warm."
"What the crap do I have to do to get this thing to disconnect with out going off again?"
"I'm done. Kyle needs to take care of this."
"Will this make good blog material? Or does it just sound better to me because I am delirious from waking up to the most annoying sound ever?"
"I guess it is a good thing that it is an annoying sound. I mean, at least I know it will wake me up if there is a fire."
"Oh no, what if Kyle just disconnected it and didn't put in a new battery. What if there is a fire?"
"Oh yeah, I handed him the new battery and he handed me the old one. He is a good man, even though he faked being asleep."
"At least now I have a good excuse to not get up in 4 hours to go work out."
"It was worth it all."

The End

4 comments:

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

streamofconsciousness! Love it! Yes, I get some blog material in moments like that, too!

Diane Meyer said...

LOL! That is exactly what goes through my mind. I actually ripped the smoke detector off the wall and shoved it under a pillow before I realized the beeping was continuing...it was the OTHER smoke detector down the hall! I ended up ruining them both. Haha. Love your train of thought. At least at 1 AM.... :-)
Diane

Amy Wyatt said...

This reminds me of the Friends episode where Phoebe rips off the fire alarm. Too funny!

Anonymous said...

Good post.