Friday, September 25, 2009

Show Us Your Life- Dessert Recipes


Oh Kelly, you're speaking my love language. Unfortunately for me and my hips, I have a major sweet tooth. Not only do I have a sweet tooth, I really enjoy baking. Here are a couple of my favorite dessert recipes.

Cream Cheese Pound Cake:
2.5 C plain flour
.5 C self rising flour
1: 8oz block of cream cheese
3 C sugar
3 sticks of butter
6 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
1 tsp. lemon flavoring

-sift together flours, set aside
-mix together cream cheese, sugar and butter
-add flour and eggs to cream cheese mixture, alternating
-mix in flavorings
-bake 1.5-2 hours in 300 degree oven, or until toothpick comes out clean


___________________________________________________

Pina Colada Cake

White cake mix
1 can sweetened condensed milk
1 can coconut milk (I usually can find this on the baking aisle, or with the mixed drink stuff)
Cool Whip
Flaked coconut

-prepare cake by box directions and bake
-as soon as the cake comes out of the oven, poke holes over entire surface with fork
-mix together both milks
-pour over cake
-allow milks to soak into cake while the cake cools completely
-top with cool whip and flaked coconut
-refrigerate and serve cold


Happy Friday, y'all! Hope it is a sweet one!!!

1 comment:

Thena said...

Sounds delicious. I make a coconut pound cake and the coconut makes it so moist.