Happy New Year, y'all! I don't know about you, but I am welcoming 2010 with open arms. I am so excited to see what God is going to do this year.
I saw this "annual review" on Kelly's blog and thought it was such a great way to reflect on 2009 and think about what I want to change in 2010.
FIVE THINGS I'M THANKFUL FOR IN 2009:
1. 2009 brought along this little fella'! I love him more than life itself and couldn't imagine the world without him!
Bennett Ace is one of the biggest joys of my life. I'm blessed beyond compare to get to watch him grow and learn everyday! It blows my mind that he is about to turn a year old! And he's got a new trick...
He isn't an exclusive walker yet. But he is very, very close. It is so cute to watch him learn a new skill and see how proud he is of himself!
2.I was blessed to see this "big" boy become a brother this year. Talk about amazing!
Jackson Kyle is hands down, the most doting big brother that I have ever seen. Jackson had no problems adjusting from life as an only child. He just made it so easy for us! I should have figured, though! Being an adaptable, easy, sweet child is par for the course for him! Jackson is funny, quick as a whip, observant, and charming. Life is better because of him!
3. And the two little blessings above would not be possible without this man!Kyle, my soul mate, my partner, my constant, my own personal comedian. Kyle works so hard everyday to provide for our family. He carries on his shoulders everyday that he is responsible for our well being, and does so beautifully. He comes home from work and turns into super dad. He gets down and plays with the boys and helps me with all the evening routine stuff. Our boys are so blessed to have Kyle as a father and role model. And I am blessed beyond measure to have him as my husband!
4. I am so thankful for God's provision. Kyle is a landscaper and his main line of income is from home maintenance. With as many people who lost their jobs in this area, I would have imagined it would have had a bigger hit on our family. Yes, we lost customers, but God has provided. God has also given Kyle a huge talent for what he does, and I am so thankful for that as well!
5. I am thankful for our family and friends. They make life so much sweeter. I know I hit the jackpot when it comes to parent's and in law's. They love my children and spoil them rotten, just like grandparents should! Our parents bless us with help whenever we need it and I hope someday I can do that for my children. Our extended family is beyond amazing and we have the best group of friends that anyone could ask for!
FIVE THINGS I WANT TO IMPROVE IN 2010:
1. First and foremost, I want to have a consistent time with Jesus daily. I failed big time with this in 2009. I have tried to excuse myself because "I have two small kids" and "I'm busy". Blah, blah, blah. I find time everyday to check blogs, facebook, twitter, etc. I think I can find time to sit quietly before the throne. I need this so badly!
2. Coordinating with the above, I want to be aware of how much time I spend on my computer and cellphone. I know it is a lot of time. Time away from my husband, kids, and my responsibilities. I am going to be more strict on myself about all the times I just sit down for 5 minutes and check FB or blogs. All those little 5 minute breaks add up. My kids are growing much too quickly and I don't want to look back and think that I wasted my time on the computer while they needed me.
3. As cliche as it may be, I want to lose weight. I have a very long way to go, but I feel ready for it. I would like to lose about 60lbs. I know it is a lot, but I'm breaking it up into 20lb increments. I'm giving myself a realistic goal of 10 weeks for the first 20lbs and then I'll go from there. It is so much more than just wanting to lose weight to look good, it is to be healthy.
4. I want to be much more purposeful with my time. I recently wrote out a schedule for my days, and am hoping that this will be a helpful tool in keeping my goal.
5. I want to continue our goal in becoming financially free. We very loosely started Dave Ramsey's plan last year, but I would really like to kick it in full throttle in 2010. Kyle and I don't have a lot of debt (any longer), but I would really like to wipe it out and start on our nest egg!
5 WAYS I WANT TO GIVE AND HELP OTHERS THIS YEAR:
1. This could also go under the "improve upon" category, because we as a family have never been great about tithing. Just being honest, here. I love to talk like I trust the Lord to provide for us, but then I hold onto our money with a tight fist. Kyle and I have to make some changes in this area.
2. Kyle and I recently went back to teaching a nursery class. I want to continue with this throughout the new year. I feel that since we have kids that partake in the wonderful children's ministry, it is our responsibility to volunteer.
3. I want to be a help to others in my every day life. Wherever, whenever. Sometimes it is easier to just ignore when you see someone out that has a need. Please Lord, guide me and give me a passion for others.
4. I'm not sure how to go about this one, but I would like to get into some sort of ministry for parents who have babies in the NICU. Having spent time in the NICU with both of my boys, I know the heartache and helplessness of having a baby there. Like I said, I'm not sure if that means starting a ministry on my own, or joining one that is already in place, but I want to figure it out!
5. I want to be a better helpmate to my husband this year. I know he carries so much stress owning a business, and I want to do whatever I can to take a little of that burden from him. He is such a help to me on a daily basis, I want to do the same for him.
And there it is, folks! I think it will be neat to go back to this from time to time in 2010 and see how I'm doing with my progress. I don't know what this new year holds, but I do know WHO holds it. I pray blessings for you and your families! Let's make it a good one!