Thursday, February 7, 2008
I've been seeing a lot of meme's lately about people's 6 most quirky characteristics. Oh, I am nothing if I'm not quirky. I see all of your 6 quirky characteristics, and I raise you 7. Here's my Thursday 13:
1. Every time I get out of the shower, I must use eye makeup remover. It doesn't matter if I haven't used mascara in days. I must. If I don't use it every single time I feel like I've got a ton of gunk in my eyes and that I have horrible dark circles.
2. I told my 6th grade counselor that my birth parents died in a horrible accident and that I had been adopted by Mexicans. No kidding. I guess I had a flair for the dramatic. That poor lady had either heard it all or was just a complete idiot because she didn't even blink an eye.
3. I am a little obsessed with the number 37. I'm kind of like Jim Carey in "The number 23". I see it everywhere I go. Kyle says that I'm deliberately looking for it and that is why it seems to appear to me more often.
4. When I was in high school I had convinced myself that I could dance. I thought I was gooooooood. I really thought I had some soul. I used to dance for my mom and sister and they would just laugh and egg me on. Now I know that they were entertained by me because I sucked. I often think about those years full of high school dances and wonder how much people were making fun of me.
5. My all time favorite meal is fried cabbage, fried fat back, raw onions, and corn bread. If I was on death row this is what I would request. I only eat it about 2 times a year (my mom usually cooks it once and then I will do a poor imitation).
6. Kyle knows if he wants to get under my skin, all he needs to do is to insult Paula Deen. I'll take an insult but leave my Paula alone!
7. I love talk radio. You won't find a ton of cd's in my car or an ipod with the most up to date music. When I'm in the car it is on 750am. I love me some Clarke Howard and Neal Boortz. Yup, and I'm only 24.
8. I had 3 accidents that were all my fault within the first year I had my license. I have no clue what my parents were thinking in letting me ever get in a car again after the first one!
9. I can't remember life before reality junk tv. And I don't want to.
10. I have a recurring dream that I am walking up a flight of stairs and I fall at the very last step and knock out all of my teeth. I've heard several interpretations. One is that I have a fear of growing old and the other is I feel as if I can't control the words that come out of my mouth. It's probably the latter because I've already established that I'm a 60 year old in a 24 year old's body with the whole talk radio thing.
11. Growing up my hero was Scarlett O'Hara. What a nasty person to look up to, right? But if I'm being totally honest... I still love her and I'll throw a little hissy like her from time to time.
12. It drives me crazy that the number in our address rhymes with our street name. It almost deterred me from buying the house. I am cringing a little right now thinking about it.
13. I have this disorder called Synesthesia. Sounds horrible, right? All it means is that I associate numbers with colors. Numbers also have gender associations in my mind. For example: The number 2 is always red and always a female. Apparently there are some wires mixed up in my head that puts numbers with colors. As a child I would even give them little personalities. The number 6 is usually an orangey-yellowy color and a male. 6 is strong and popular. Kind of like the hunk of all the numbers. I know I'm certifiable!